Trina Rumfelt, Graduate MA Student in Religious Studies
- Trina chose to pursue Religious Studies at both the undergraduate and graduate level because it allows her to develop a better understanding of people, their socialization practices, and cultural influences.
- Her research focus today is Judaism/Early Christianity and why the various dating proposals regarding the Dead Sea Scrolls vary so much over a 200 year period.
- She is involved with the Religious Studies Graduate Organization as Treasurer and Senator.
- She hopes to continue her role as a mentor to the local middle school students that move from their home countries and now live in my community. Her Religious Studies degree allows her to be a better mentor with the knowledge she obtained and through the teachings she received.
- Trina’s advice to current and prospective Religious Studies students would be to follow your passion when researching deep into the lives of the people you study. People are complex and studying their systems of belief is even more so. Dive deeply into their lives and immerse yourself with their way of life so you can learn from them.